Monday, March 4, 2013

Monday, March 4, 2013


From: Jade Swayne <jade.swayne@myldsmail.net>
Subject: Re: Finally some sunshine!
To: "Penny Paxman" <paxmanp@yahoo.com>
Date: Monday, March 4, 2013, 11:55 AM

Yah'te'eh! 

Yes! before I forget. The answer is "yes!" I did get that package. and wow! My skin is looking beautiful thanks to you :) So thank you!

Also I have been waiting to read this e-mail all week! I have been imagining all the places Kenzie would go and honestly, I was betting on the Philippines. But now that I think about the Kenzie in Missouri I see that her call is absolutely PERFECT for her! The visitors center sisters are some of the most beautiful, friendly, and personable missionaries, in my opinion. But I might be biased ;) haha. But between her and Ivy sending me mission info I am beyond happy over here. It really warms my heart to see my girls coming out to serve. They will never regret it. Now we just need to get some of the boys on the missionary wagon, right?!

***Story time*** Basically, our numbers have been really low here in Kirtland and regardless of my optimism it is still hard to struggle... We have been working really hard but the numbers just aren't reflecting our efforts.. I had an interview with President Batt this past Saturday and told him about our area and the struggles that it is currently having. We are trying really hard to re-establish missionary-member-relations. Because it seems that past missionaries have really damaged the trust between the two groups. So Sister Heimbigner and I have taken it upon ourselves to fix these relationships, find new investigators, reactivate Less-Actives and baptize as many as we can. I know that we have our work cut out for us here...but finding that balance between teaching current investigators, re-activating others and finding new investigators is a tough balance to find. Especially after not having this balance for a long time. So we are in somewhat of a transitional stage. But it was so nice to talk to President Batt to see his trust in us and to know that he believes in us. He knows us well enough to know that we aren't just slacking off and that's why numbers are low. He is so understanding and has amazing perspective. I truly believe that I was sent to this mission partially because of him. He is very into obedience and so am I...it's the most important thing to me. And we really connect on that level...it's great. He's great.

I know that I haven't been the best about keeping you updated on the area. So I wonder, what do you want to know? Are there specific questions that you have for me about the people, the area, the work, my companion anything?

Let me know ;)

Love all of you

P.S Please, tell Cookie and Clay to keep their heads up. They will get to Brazil. The Lord probably has to prepare a few people before He is ready for them to get there. What kind of missionary work will they be doing out there? Did you tell them that I thought I was going to Brazil? Also, what mission are they going to??

No comments:

Post a Comment