Saturday, March 23, 2013

Monday, March 18, 2013


Hey there, mama!

Thank you for your prayers. I can feel them. I go to bed some nights and can't believe that I made it through another day. I am happier than I have ever been but I am also more tired than ever. But when I say that I can feel those prayers, I mean it! I just have this feeling in my heart that even though you and the rest of the family are not here with me physically you are still here in other ways. I don't miss all of you in the way that makes me sad or homesick, I miss you in the way that makes me want to work hard because I don't want one second of our time apart to be in vain. Does that make sense? I hope so.

It's so clear that the experiences that I have had prior to my mission have been preparation for this great 18 month adventure.

The cash that the mission office loaned me has been able to provide all that I've needed, so no worries there. They take such good care of us out here.

We had another baptism this past Saturday!!!! Do you remember Roxanne? Welp, she was the lucky lady :) It was so great, mom. She was so confident and sure that this was the right thing. She has struggled hard with addiction but through her willingness to overcome and follow up on the Gospel teachings we have shared with her she is now a full blown member of the true church of God and already has plans to go to the temple :) What a joy this work is! What a blessing it is to be here with these wonderful people! I love them in a way that I never thought I could...They are usually the last thing I think about at night and the first thing I think about in the morning. I have even been teaching the discussions, baring my testimony and praying in my sleep. haha it's crazy how deep this work is sinking into my heart. Missionary work truly is the BEST work. Nothing compares to these feelings...

Thank you again, mom for the hard work that you put in at your job each day so that I can be here. Thank you family and friends for all the support and prayers, again, I can feel them. I am so sad that 6 months of my mission has been taken by the clock, but rest assure that I will be working hard this next year that I have to serve here in the NMFM mission.

I love you all. Please let me know if there is anything I can do for any of you.

Please take care grandma and grandpa. You will never know how you have blessed my life by being my second set of parents.

Until next time, Love Sister Swayne.

No comments:

Post a Comment