Monday, January 14, 2013

January 14, 2013

From: Jade Swayne <jade.swayne@myldsmail.net>
Subject: Re: BRRRRR,,,,
To: "Penny Paxman" <paxmanp@yahoo.com>
Date: Monday, January 14, 2013, 2:56 PM

Heyyyy-low!

How are you, mama? other than sick...I'm sorry to hear that...But I'm glad that you've had time to rest and recuperate.
I will say a special missionary prayer for you :)

But ok! My area is known as one of the most fruitful areas in the mission! When I first arrived we were so busy...we always had an appointment and were just up to our eyeballs in work. I love it!! I think I may be a workaholic...or that's just what my mission has brought out in me. There is just no greater joy than doing the Lords work. And I know without a doubt that this is the Lord's work. My companion and I taught 31 lessons in one week. It was awesome! We live with Joel and Sherry Foutz. And wow...they spoil us so bad!!! haha We live in there upstairs area and use their garage fridge to store all of our stuff. It is a great location too, the church is right across the street.
 And about Sister Real and I getting along...let's just say that your prayers are appreciated in that category. She is a very difficult companion and is currently struggling with depression...So she is dealing with a lot, to say the least. I do my very best to be loving, supportive and understanding. And thus far the Lord has blessed me with mountains of patience that I didn't know that I could muster. I feel very blessed to be in this tough situation because I know that it is making me a stronger person. I have never prayed to our Father in Heaven more than I have these past few weeks..It's a struggle everyday. But despite this challenge, I can honestly say that I've never been happier, honestly. I love being a missionary.

I was actually wondering if I could ask all of you a favor...Sister Real hardly ever gets any mail. I can feel her sadness when we check mail and there is nothing there for her. So I wonder if, whenever you have time, could anybody and everybody right her a quick note of encouragement. Something to lift her tender spirit. Please write it anonymously and address it to Sarah Real with the same address you would use to write me. (This would mean the absolute world to me...Because though she makes me want to light my eyelashes on fire I do love her very much. Anybody and everybody is welcome to join in on this lil idear :)

Ugh....I'm sorry. I again, don't have anytime to go into detail. These computers don't allow us much time. But I love you all so so much!!! Hopefully next week I will type a little quicker! haha. I feel your prayers and appreciate every single letter. Thank you thank you.

P.S my return date has been changed to Feb 11 2014 instead of the 19th. 

Here is the address:
New Mexico Farmington Mission400 W. Apache St.Farmington, NM 87401

No comments:

Post a Comment