Sunday, April 7, 2013

Monday, April 1, 2013

From: Jade Swayne <jade.swayne@myldsmail.net>
Subject: Re: So....
To: "Penny Paxman" <paxmanp@yahoo.com>
Date: Monday, April 1, 2013, 12:14 PM

Hey-o!

My first missionary Easter was good, thanks! We went to this thing called the "Sunrise Service". It's a big time Kirtland tradition. And after attending for the first time I can see why everybody loves being a part of it; it was wonderful! There was a big ole choir performance and a speaker from 1st ward. It was a whole stake thing so there were a bunch of people there. Then we had two sacrament meetings to attend. Lots of musical numbers. Then we were invited to dinner at a nice couple's home in 3rd ward. We had turkey, rolls, salad, potatoes and some cheese cakey thing with home grown raspberries and peaches plopped on top. It ALL looked so yummy but I just stuck with salad, turkey and plain fruit with out the cake just to be safe ;)

And about Wednesday. It has actually become the highlight of my week because I will be drugged...haha It will be nice to be able to shut my brain off during that time. I am also very excited to see if they can find out what's going on in there. And, no, I haven't mentioned being tired but I did mention that I feel weak; basically the same thing, right?

Wooohoo! Kenzie buying G's!!! That's the best! I love the thought of her having that Priesthood power in her life. I, myself, have become like grandma. I believe it was her that would comment on how strange it felt not to wear them at any given time. I feel the same now! It just doesn't feel right anytime I don't have them on, even if it is for a few minutes.

The time that I am training is 11 weeks rather than 6. And yes, that time is almost up. We have about 2 or 3 weeks left together. Can you believe it?!!! Regardless of feeling yucky, the time is still just flying by. I will hit 7 months here pretty soon.

GENERAL CONFERENCE? YES! I am very excited to hear what the prophets and apostles have to say. What do you think the theme of this round will be? I'm thinking "Christ like Attributes" :) Don't forget to write a few questions down and take them to conference! I can promise you from past experience that if you will watch with an open and teachable heart you will receive the answers to those questions. I promise! I will be watching at the Stake center. We will invite investigators and less-actives to attend :)

Oh! Also, will you please have Kylie go through the past e-mails that I've sent and edit them on the blog. Edit out any content that could identify a person that we are teaching. Our Mission President has asked us to keep that kind of information out of our emails. They could pose a legal threat to the security of our investigators. So the sooner you could do that the better. Thank you!

Ok, Nathan Welker has officially received a "top-ten coolest mission calls I've ever heard" award. That is so great!! There is a young man in 3rd ward that received a call to Jamaica! And another in 2nd ward who is going to Sweden :D Awesome, huh? I'd say so.

And yes, I received Patti's e-mail. I'll see what I can come up with :):) I can't make any promises though. It's tough to find time to think about other things let alone write it down.

That has been the biggest struggle lately. Trying to deal with these health problems and put my whole heart into the work. Simply because I feel like my tummy issues have made my thoughts very selfish. Like, I think about my pains and what I'm going to do to get better rather than what I can do for our people. It is a REAL struggle because it hadn't been a problem for me to get out of my own head and get to work until these tummy problems got worse. Now I'm trying to push through it, but honestly I don't think that is what I should be doing...I should instead focus my energy on getting better so that I can be the best missionary possible. But resting in the mission field has proven to be much more difficult than I ever imagined. It's hard to lay down when your work is never done. In the end it's just my hard hardheadedness and pride that are getting in the way. I just need to chill out and rest or I will never be able to get back to the missionary level that I had been at before.

So, please, keep me in your prayers...I need them at this time. The adversary is trying to shake me up...I know it. But with your prayers and the Atonement always at work I know that this too shall pass.

Until next time, I love you!!

Thank you for the birthday list and the nice letter, Grandma and Grandpa :)

Annnnnd Thank you mom for the Easter box. Those Granola bars come in handy during the really busy days :)

No comments:

Post a Comment