Monday, February 25, 2013

February 25, 2013

From: Jade Swayne <jade.swayne@myldsmail.net>
Subject: Re: BRRRR......
To: "Penny Paxman" <paxmanp@yahoo.com>
Date: Monday, February 25, 2013, 12:07 PM

Hey there, snow bunny :)

Sounds cold over there! It has been pretty frigid over here too. The sun is shinning, but the wind is a killer. It's not windy everyday though and on those days it is absolutely perfect :) But on a funny side note, I have good tracting skirts and bad tracting skirts. Basically a good tracting skirt is defined by whether or not it will behave on those windy days. Because sometimes you slap on one of those flowy skirts and you're in a bad spot once that wind picks up! Haha, can you just imagine me trying to wrangle up my long maxi skirt in the wind?! Not going to lie, it's a funny sight!

Buuuuut about that laptop cord. Maybe you can use Jeff or Marie's the next time they come into town. Because mac chargers are NOT cheap. So hold of for a bit...it should be fine for another month.

OH OH! And guess what?! We had a baptism on Saturday :) His name is Brother Jones and what a gem this man and his family are. He has been taught on and off for the past 13 years. For the longest time he was just bashing on the doctrine with the missionaries, I guess. And then he moved into the "ok, this might be true phase". Then the "I'm going to kick you missionaries out if you say something I don't like phase", and just a bunch of different phases.  Until finally, about 2 weeks after being in the area Sister Real decided that we would give him another try. And thanks to the Holy Ghost working His magic I was prompted to extend a baptismal date to Brother Jones. And low and behold, the Spirit was so thick in that room, that he said yes. And now a month, almost two months later, he is now a full fellowshiped member in the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints :):):) He always calls me his "soul sista" haha and I love his humor. He makes me laugh sooo hard!

Ah!! This computer timer goes way too fast. And I'm already out of time! But I want you to know that I am so grateful, Mom, for the sacrifices you make so that I can be out here. This truly is a life changing experience. An experience that will bless you, me and the entire family :) 

I think of all of you back home whenever I think that I can't do something. I remember all of the encouragement that has been flown my way through out the years and I am blessed to have the strength to do things that I never thought I could. Nearly all of my companions have commented on my confidence and they wonder where it comes from and I know without a shadow of a doubt that it comes from you and our wonderful Heavenly Father. He is real and we can do anything if he is in our lives :):)

No comments:

Post a Comment