Tuesday, December 11, 2012

December 11, 2012

From: Jade Swayne <jade.swayne@myldsmail.net>
Subject: Re: Snowflake Temple!!!!
To: "Penny Paxman" <paxmanp@yahoo.com>
Date: Tuesday, December 11, 2012, 6:01 PM

The temple was beyond amazing. Did I ever tell you that I went there once with a young womens group when I lived in Arizona? I never would have guessed that 5 years later I would be at that same temple as a missionary. And to answer Cookie and Clay's question: Yes, the temple workers volunteered to come in on their day off to allow us to do a session. They had so many people volunteer that they had to turn people away. I really had no idea how much people loved missionaries until I became one.
 
Anytime a family feeds us they are basically thanking us for being there in their home....One family said that it is a blessing to have us at their home because they want their kids to see real missionaries. Haha how cute, huh? And then we were at the bank getting cash out of our missionary accounts and a lady named Matilda hands us 10 bucks and tells us to buy ourselves some lunch. Then about 2 days later we were out at dinner, using a gift certificate that the owner of the place gave us, and this women just pops up out of nowhere and says "thank you for what you do. Take this to pay for your dinner". She just tosses 20 bucks on the table and runs off before we can give her a proper thank you. And then while we were here emailing at the college one of the families in our ward shows up and gives us money for dinner! I just...hmmmm..how does one even begin to explain their gratitude?...I don't have the words.
 
I know it's Heavenly Father working through His servants.. And I just feel so blessed to be His representative. I just think back to Alma chapter 5 where Alma the younger speaks about " redeeming love" and how we can "sing" praise to our Heavenly Father by the way we live our lives. Well...after these past few months I can't help but say confidently, that I want to sing my praises to Him for the rest of my life...I love Him. I love Him because He has blessed me with you...all of you. And for this missionary experience of a lifetime.
 
Please, anybody who reads this blog...consider serving. Because it really is the greatest transformer ever. I am so grateful to be a missionary. I'm so grateful to have 15 more months of this. And I'm grateful to be a Swayne/Paxman...Because really, all of you have been my driving force.
 
I will write more about what is happening in the area next week. I am a little pressed for time right now. But keep in touch and keep saying your prayers. I knew the Master hears us. I believe that with all of my heart and soul. Love Sister Swayne
 
Fiddle faddle :) Harriett knows what this means

No comments:

Post a Comment